“Be a Bridge” Campaign!
Pink Menno challenges you to take action to support the “Be a Bridge” campaign! In Pittsburg, we will work to “Be a Bridge” by:
- standing and smiling peacefully in the midst of uncomfortable conversations.
- speaking and singing an unconditional “Welcome!” for those who have feel marginalized or disappointed by the church.
- affirming youth who may not know that it’s possible be a part of a Mennonite community that celebrates Christian faith and God-given sexuality.
- sharing a vision of hope and healing for the Mennonite church and all its members.
1. Watch the videos PinkMennos have already contributed (above or here).
2. Consider what YOU believe and in what what YOU are willing to publicly commit to being a bridge in the Mennonite Church.
3. Record yourself using a webcam or digital camera. (If you don’t have a video camera, don’t know how to use it, or are just plain camera shy, keep reading to see how you can still contribute!)
4. Upload the video to your own YouTube account* and email [email protected] with the link. We’ll add it to our campaign playlist.